This program places you at a community school to serve as a teacher or teacher’s assistant. The schools we work with are privately run, surviving on donors and volunteers to operate the schools. The students range from 5-12 and are mostly street children, many orphans. The school provides free education (according to Ghana’s national curriculum) as well as medical care and social support. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to do work with children that really matters!
Locations: Accra and Cape Coast
Dates: Available year-round. You choose the start and end dates.
Requirements: Age 16+
Length of Stay: 2 weeks minimum. 6 months maximum.
Schedule: Volunteer Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm. Weekends free-time.
Accommodations: Host Family.
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Ghana
- Handbook for Ghana
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)