Kenya is well-known for its incredible wildlife parks and Safaris, but of course there is so much more to this wonderful East African country. You can volunteer in Kenya with our projects for caring for children, healthcare internships, wildlife volunteering and teaching at community schools.
Our volunteer locations and settings in Kenya are varied. In Nairobi volunteers live and work in one of Africa’s largest cities. Mombasa on the coast is the center of Kenya’s coastal tourism trade. For a more rural experience, you can live and volunteer with the Masai tribe in the Rift Valley. The hills of Machakos and the savannahs of Lumo are some of the most rural areas where you can volunteer in Kenya.
Kenya Volunteering Highlights
- Volunteer at a community school
- Go on a Wildlife Safari
- Guided Tour of Nairobi
- Shop at African markets
- Home-stay with a Kenyan family
You can volunteer in Kenya year-round. You choose the dates for your program. The minimum stay is one week for the Caring for Children and Teaching programs, two weeks for Wildlife Conservation, and three weeks for a Healthcare Internship.
Why You Will Love Kenya
- Kenya is safe, provided you use common sense.
- English is an official language, so there are few language barriers.
- There are few places better than Kenya to see wildlife.
- Kenyan is a wonderful showcase of African culture.
- Kenya is considered to be the birthplace of humanity.
- There are direct flights to Kenya from both Europe and North America.
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Kenya
- Handbook for Kenya
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)