Nepal is the first place we started sending volunteers, and it continues to be one of our most popular destinations. Our volunteer in Nepal programs include healthcare internships and teaching at nursery and elementary schools. Nepal is a mix of the modern and the ancient. On the same block in Kathmandu you’ll find roaming cows, software houses, five-star hotels, Buddhist monks in wingtip shoes, and children playing on 500 year-old temples.
Nepal Volunteering Highlights
- Walk the exotic back alleys of Kathmandu
- Teach at a rural school in Nepal’s lowlands
- Visit Chitwan National Park
- Trek in the Himalayas
- Home-stay with an Nepali family
Dates & Length of Stay
Volunteer in Nepal year-round. You choose the dates for your program. The minimum stay is four weeks for the Teaching program, and three weeks for a Health Care Internship.
Why You Will Love Nepal
- Nepal is simply magical!
- Kathmandu and rural areas are very safe and welcoming to outsiders.
- English is not an official language but is spoken by many.
- Nepalis treat guests to their country as gods.
- Nepal has the best trekking in the world.
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Kathmandu
- Handbook for Kathmandu
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)