Volunteer in Guatemala and become immersed in Spanish and the culture of Central America. You can volunteer in Guatemala on projects like House Building, Sea Turtle Conservation, Children’s After-School Program, and Teaching English. You can also join our Spanish Language Immersion to take personal language lessons. The towns where you can volunteer in Guatemala include Antigua, Monterrico and Quetzaltenango (aka Xela).
Guatemala Volunteering Programs
- Project lengths: 1 – 12 weeks
- Project dates: Most Programs Year-Round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: La Aurora International Airport (GUA) in Guatemala City
- Program Cities: Antigua, Monterrico, Xela
- Accommodations: Guatemalan Host Family
- Meals: 3 per day Monday-Friday, 2 on Saturday, none Sunday
- Airlines: American, Avianca, Delta, Spirit, Taca, United
- Ages: 16+ for solo travelers; < 16 with teacher/parent only
- Language Required: Depends on Project (basic to proficient Spanish)
- Vaccinations: None required. Routine Shots, Hepatitis A, Typhoid
- Visa: None required for stays of less than 90 days
Guatemala Trip Highlights
- Building a house from scratch in a rural village
- Teaching English at a community school
- Medical internships with major hospitals
- Homestay with an Guatemalan family
- One-on-one Spanish lessons
- Hiking up Pacaya Volcano
- Weekend visit to scenic Lake Atitlan
- Live in the UNESCO World Heritage town Antigua
The program fee to volunteer in Guatemala starts at $995 for 1 week up to $2315. See our Prices page for a full list of program fees.