Tips for Booking Flights
- Buying your tickets far in advance usually get you the cheapest fare.
- Buy your tickets on a Tuesday or Wednesday (this means the purchase date, not the travel date).
- Don’t buy your tickets on Saturday or Sunday (again, the purchase date, not the travel date).
- Call the airlines directly (the airlines do not always have the cheapest fares online).
Cosmic Volunteers is registered with the non-profit “Fly For Good”. Founded by international volunteers, Fly For Good negotiates airfare discounts of 10% to 25% off the published rate for non-profits (like Cosmic Volunteers), their family members and their volunteers.
Here’s how it works:
- Book your flights via Fly For Good’s website.
- Fill out a form at their website with basic details about your volunteer trip (including the fact that you’re going abroad with Cosmic Volunteers).
- Cosmic Volunteers will then send you a letter confirming your participation in our programs.
- Present this letter when checking-in at the airport.