Vietnam continues to gain in popularity as a travel destination! Our volunteer programs in Vietnam include: Children’s Homeless Shelter, Teaching Children, Teaching Buddhist Monks, and Rehabilitation Care Center. The programs take place in Ho Chi Minh City, one of Vietnam’s largest cities and its economic hub.
In your free time, Vietnam has abundant and diverse natural beauty to explore. In your free time you can visit mountains, beaches, jungles, and river deltas. Our volunteers in Vietnam stay at guest-houses or hotels. For meals, volunteers eat meals at noodle shops and other restaurants (both Vietnamese and western).
Vietnam Volunteering Programs Overview
- Project lengths: 1 – 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round (except Xmas & “Tet” New Years)
- Arrival Airport: Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Program City: Ho Chi Minh City
- Accommodations: Hotel / Guest House
- Meals: Taken at restaurants
- Airlines: Air China, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Eva Air, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, United
- Ages: 16+ for solo travelers; < 16 with teacher/parent only
- Language Required: English
- Vaccinations: None required.
- Routine Shots, Hepatitis A, Typhoid
- Visa: Required (click for instructions)
Vietnam Trip Highlights
- Volunteer at a children’s shelter
- Teach English to Buddhist monks
- Live in one of Asia’s vibrant cities
- Tour the Cu Chi Tunnels
- Enjoy steaming bowls of “Pho” soup
- Visit floating markets in Mekong Delta