Volunteer in Tanzania with Cosmic Volunteers. Our programs there take place in Arusha, Mwanza, and the rural district of Simanjiro. In Arusha the programs include teaching subjects like math and physics. In rural Simanjiro, volunteers can teach at nursery schools and primary schools (all subjects). Medical students and professionals can also volunteer in Tanzania at small hospitals and mobile clinics in Simanjiro as part of a health care internship.
In your free time, you can visit Mount Kilimanjaro (the highest mountain in Africa), along with some of the world’s most beautiful beaches in Zanzibar. No visit to Tanzania would be complete without a visit to one of its national parks like the Serengeti with its annual wildebeest migration.
Tanzania Volunteering Highlights
- Meaningful volunteer work in African communities
- Visits to Mount Kilimanjaro
- Visit to a Masai village (including on market day)
- Home-stay with clerical missionaries
Volunteer Programs in Tanzania
Dates & Length of Stay
- Our volunteer programs in Tanzania are available year-round.
- You choose the dates for your program.
- The minimum stay is four weeks for our 4 weeks.
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Arusha
- Handbook for Arusha
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)