Kenya is well-known for its incredible wildlife parks and Safaris, but of course there is so much more to this wonderful East African country.
Kenya has over 70 tribal groups and even more languages — with English and Swahili spoken throughout most of Kenya. The country’s capital city Nairobi is often referred to as the birthplace of humanity.
In Nairobi volunteers live and work in one of Africa’s largest cities. In the Rift Valley, volunteers live and work with the Maasai tribe — a truly African experience. In Mombasa on the coast, our volunteers experience the Arab influence in Kenya’s second largest city and center of the country’s coastal tourism trade. If you want a more rural experience, you can live and volunteer in Kakamega in western Kenya.
- Volunteer at an orphanage
- Go on a Wildlife Safari
- Guided Tour of Nairobi
- Shop at African markets
- Home-stay with a Kenyan family
Our programs in Kenya are available year-round. You choose the dates for your program. The minimum stay is one week for the Orphanage and Teaching programs, and three weeks for a Healthcare Internship.
Why You Will Love Kenya
- Kenya is safe, provided you use common sense.
- English is an official language, so there are few language barriers.
- There are few places better than Kenya to see wildlife.
- Kenyan is a wonderful showcase of African culture.
- Kenya is considered to be the birthplace of humanity.
- There are direct flights to Kenya from both Europe and North America.
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Kenya
- Handbook for Kenya
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)