Guatemala offers our volunteers the special opportunity to help out local communities while becoming immersed in the culture of Latin America.
Our volunteer programs in Guatemala include 10 free hours of one-on-one Spanish classes included in your program fee.
Guatemala Programs Overview
- Project length: 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Available Year-Round. Arrival date is your choice.
- Arrival airport: Guatemala City at La Aurora International Airport (Airport Code: GUA)
- Requirements: Beginner’s Spanish highly recommended
- Accommodation: Guatemalan Host Family
- Meals: Monday-Friday 3 meals per day, Saturday 2 meals, Sunday none
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine MMR, Hepatitis A & B
- Build a house from scratch in a rural village
- Volunteer at a worthwhile project
- Homestay with an Guatemalan family
- One-on-one Spanish lessons
- Sightseeing trip to Pacaya Volcano
- Live in historical town Antigua
Dates & Length of Stay
Our programs in Guatemala are available year-round. You choose the dates for your program. The minimum stay is one week for the Orphanage Program, and two weeks for the House Building project.
Why You Will Love Guatemala
- Live in the city of Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Learn and practice Spanish — with our local teacher, host family and around town
- Antigua and Xela are world-famous for their Spanish schools which draw tourists worldwide.
- The local organizations WANT our volunteers; we do not impose ourselves on them.
- There are direct flights to Guatemala City from North America
- The climate is temperate, with warm days and cool nights
- Guatemala has beautiful mountains, volcanoes, beaches, and lakes to explore
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Guatemala
- Handbook for Guatemala
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas, Local Transport)