Ghana is a perfect spot for first-time travelers to Africa. Ghana is often called “Africa Lite” because visitors experience the best of African culture without the crime and political instability present elsewhere.
You have a wide range of programs to choose from in Ghana. You can volunteer at an orphanage, teach at a community school, intern at a hospital, or work with an AIDS advocacy organization. You can also do a journalism internship in Ghana at a major radio, TV or newspaper company.
In your free time you can visit pristine beaches, museums, castles, and national parks.
- Meaningful volunteer work in a local African community
- Guided Tour of Cape Coast Castle
- Visits to Kakum National Park
- Shop at an African outdoor market
- Home-stay with a Ghanaian family
Our programs in Ghana are available year-round. You choose the dates for your program. The minimum stay is one week for the orphanage program, 2 weeks for teaching and HIV/AIDS, and 4 weeks for medical and journalism internships.
Why You Will Love Ghana
- Ghana is very safe for foreign visitors
- English is an official language
- Ghanaians are world-renowned for their friendliness to visitors
- The local organizations WANT our volunteers; we do not impose ourselves on them
- There are direct flights to Ghana from both Europe and North America
- The weather is tropical (but not oppressively hot) year-round
- Ghana has natural beauty including beaches, mountains, waterfalls, lakes, and animal parks
- Ghana’s rich culture and history are worth learning about and exploring
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Ghana
- Handbook for Ghana
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)