Volunteer in Ghana and experience one of the best countries for volunteering in Africa. Ghana is often called “Africa Lite” because visitors enjoy the best of African culture without street hassles and political instability.
You have a wide range of programs to choose from as a volunteer in Ghana. You can volunteer at an orphanage, teach at a community school, intern at a hospital, or work with an AIDS advocacy organization. You can also do a journalism internship in Ghana at a major radio, TV or newspaper company.
In your free time you can visit pristine beaches, museums, castles, and national parks.
Ghana Volunteering Highlights
- Meaningful volunteer work in a local African community
- Guided Tour of Cape Coast Castle
- Visits to Kakum National Park
- Shop at an African outdoor market
- Home-stay with a Ghanaian family
You can volunteer in Ghana year-round. You choose the dates for your program. The minimum stay is one week for the orphanage program, 2 weeks for teaching and HIV/AIDS, and 4 weeks for medical and journalism internships.
Why You Will Love Ghana
- Ghana is very safe for foreign visitors
- English is an official language
- Ghanaians are world-renowned for their friendliness to visitors
- The local organizations WANT our volunteers; we do not impose ourselves on them
- There are direct flights to Ghana from both Europe and North America
- The weather is tropical (but not oppressively hot) year-round
- Ghana has natural beauty including beaches, mountains, waterfalls, lakes, and animal parks
- Ghana’s rich culture and history are worth learning about and exploring
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Ghana
- Handbook for Ghana
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)