Volunteer in Costa Rica and experience one of the world’s friendliest cultures. Costa Rica is the first Spanish-speaking country where we started sending volunteers (in 2003). Costa Rica remains a favorite destination for volunteering in Central America.
The towns where you can live and volunteer in Costa Rica are Heredia and Jaco Beach. Wherever you live and volunteer in Costa Rica, you will be sure to experience the country’s world-class biodiversity.
Costa Rica Volunteering Overview
- Four programs: teaching, healthcare, sea turtles, and Spanish Immersion
- Stay from 1 week to 12 weeks
- Most programs run year-round.
- Program Cities are Heredia and Jaco Beach
- Volunteers from middle school to seniors welcome
- Spanish not required on most projects
Costa Rica Trip Highlights
- Sea Turtle Conservation in summertime
- Medical internships at rural clinics
- Homestay with a Costa Rican family
- One-on-one Spanish lessons
- Corcovado National Park, one of the most biodiverse places on earth
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Start at $995 for one week.
- Costa Rica program fees