Cosmic Volunteers maintains and adheres to strict emergency policies and procedures.
Our most important objective for the trip is to ensure the health and safety of our volunteers and staff.
The following is our procedure for medical emergencies:
Procedures for Medical Emergency when Volunteering Abroad
The On-Site Coordinator in the host country is responsible for:
1. Attending to the immediate needs of the volunteer(s) / staff involved.
2. For medical emergencies: Transporting volunteer(s) / staff to the nearest clinic/hospital.
3. Contacting local law enforcement officials (as appropriate).
4. Contacting our Coordinator in the U.S. (24 hours).
5. Contacting the volunteer’s embassy in the host country (e.g. The U.S. Embassy for Americans)
Our Coordinator in the U.S. is responsible for the following:
1. Contacting the volunteer’s emergency contact back home (designated before the trip).
2. Contacting the volunteer’s school back home if this is a school-sponsored trip.
3. Contacting law enforcement officials back home (as appropriate).
4. Contacting the volunteer’s insurance provider to coordinate any medical care and transportation.