As a volunteer, you will primarily assist the staff at the children’s Center with English and basic math classes. You would also be free to do things like play games, arts & crafts, music, dance, and organize sports as well. You can also help the kids with homework, play sports, take them down the road for walks, and generally just get to know and care for them. Volunteers are also welcome to organize some day trips on Sundays and holidays for the children.
Locations: Kakamega, Mombasa, Nairobi, Naivasha, and Rift Valley
Requirements: Age 16+
Length of Stay: 1 week minimum. 6 months maximum.
Schedule: Volunteer Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm. Weekends free-time.
Accommodations: Host Family or at the orphanage (18+ female volunteers only)
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Kenya
- Handbook for Kenya
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)