We have a variety of medical internship placements available in Kenya. Most of our interns work at a small– and medium-sized clinics in urban areas. You are welcome to specialize in a particular department like maternity or emergency medicine. Medical and nursing students can receive academic credit through their internship with us in Kenya, typically as an elective with their school back home.
Locations: Mombasa, Nairobi, and Rift Valley.
Requirements: Age 18+. Participants must be studying or practicing in the healthcare field. For example: doctors, nurses, medical students, nursing students and EMT’s.
Length of Stay: 4 weeks minimum. 6 months maximum.
Schedule: Volunteer Monday – Friday 7:30am to 3pm. Weekends free-time.
Accommodations: Host Family.
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Kenya
- Handbook for Kenya
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)