For orphanage volunteer work in Guatemala, our volunteers live in the city of Antigua.
At a typical orphanage there are 20+ children ranging from infants to 10 years of age, in good health and well-cared for.
As a volunteer you will assist the full-time Guatemalan staff (4-6 typically) with activities like playing games, arts and crafts, basic writing and reading, and generally serving as a caring presence.
Locations: Antigua and surrounding towns
Requirements: Age 16+. Beginner’s Spanish.
Length of Stay: 1 week minimum. 6 months maximum.
Schedule: Volunteer Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm. Weekends free-time.
Accommodations: Host Family.
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Guatemala
- Handbook for Guatemala
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Meals on Sundays)