Our after-school volunteering project is active in the deprived area called Las Rosas outside Quetzaltenango. The project supports children who live and study in extreme poverty and/or are at-risk to get on the streets. The project also supports the women and families in the same area, providing them (financial) self-sustainability.
Every afternoon from Monday-Thursday, about 40-45 kids come to the after-school project, all aged between 6 and 14 years old. Volunteers assist the full-time Guatemalan staff with the children’s activities like arts and crafts, cooking, soccer, rollerblading, coloring, and free play. Volunteers are also more than welcome to plan and execute their own recreational activities.
Project Length: 3 – 12 weeks
Start Dates: Every Monday Year-round (except Easter/Xmas).
Program City: Quetzaltenango (“Xela”)
Arrival City: Guatemala City
Accommodations: Guatemalan host family
Schedule: Monday-Friday. Spanish Classes in AM* / Volunteer in PM.
Free Time: Nights & Weekends Cultural Exploration + Excursions
Requirements: Ages 16+ solo; Under 16 with teacher/parent
Languages: Basic Spanish recommended
* Most volunteers combine this volunteer program with Spanish Lessons in Guatemala
- 3 Weeks: $1245
- 4 Weeks: $1355
- 5 Weeks: $1480
- 6 Weeks: $1595
- 7 Weeks: $1720
- 8 Weeks: $1845
- 9 Weeks: $1965
- 10 Weeks: $2075
- 11 Weeks: $2195
- 12 Weeks: $2315
- Spanish classes are extra @ $15 per hour
- Airport Pickup
- Meals and Accommodations
- Meaningful Volunteering Placement
- 24 Emergency Assistance from local staff and US staff
- Orientation & Tour on arrival
- Pre-Departure Guidance & Support
- Supervisor/Mentor at volunteer placement
- Volunteering Handbook
- Guidance with Excursions
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
Not Included: Flights, Visa, Vaccinations, Insurance, Language Classes.