Volunteering at an orphanage in Ghana is such a rewarding experience, for both you and the children. A typical week involves teaching English (basic reading/writing), basic math, playing games, arts and crafts, helping with homework, playing sports, taking the children on a day-trips, and sometimes getting the children dressed in the morning and helping them with meals. Depending on the timing of your program, you may be able to help with physical improvements to the orphanage like painting walls, weeding fields, and clean up rubbish and debris.
Locations: Cape Coast and Volta Region
Requirements: Age 16+
Length of Stay: 1 week minimum. 6 months maximum.
Schedule: Volunteer Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm. Weekends free-time.
Accommodations: Host Family or at the orphanage (18+ female volunteers only)
- 1 Week: $995
- 2 Weeks: $1,150
- 3 Weeks: $1,300
- 4 Weeks: $1,450
- (After 4th week, add $150 per extra week)
- Volunteer Placement
- Meals & Accommodations
- Airport Pickup & Drop-Off
- 24-hour Support
- Orientation in Ghana
- Handbook for Ghana
- Pre-trip Guidance & Support
- Assistance with Visa Process
- Drop-off at Program Site
- Introduction to Host Family
- Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
- Cosmic Volunteers T-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- An experience that will last a lifetime!
(Not Included: Flights, Insurance, Visas)