We have relationships with numerous schools and soccer (“football”) clubs in Ghana who warmly welcome our volunteer coaches. We can place volunteers with any level of football experience, including university players, coaches, or the casual player and fan. The local Ghana players range in age from 8-17 and are at different skill levels.
Your role will be to support the local coaches as they organize daily practices and training. You will also assist coaches on the sidelines for matches between clubs and schools. There are strenuous training runs daily, then more technical sessions where the finer points of the game are taught and practiced.
Our soccer coaching program in Ghana is part-time. Volunteers combine this program with volunteer work at schools or community organizations.
1. Project Length: 1 – 12 weeks
2. Project Dates: Year-Round. Choose any date to arrive.
3. Arrival Airport: Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana (ACC)
4. Program Cities: Kpando, Ho, Cape Coast
5. Accommodations: Host family or group volunteer house
6. Meals: 3 per day Monday-Friday, 2 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday
7. Airlines: American, British Airways, Delta, Emirates, KLM, United
8. Ages: 16+ for solo travelers; < 16 with teacher/parent only
9. Language Required: Basic Spanish
10. Vaccinations: Yellow Fever required. Routine Shots, Hepatitis A, Typhoid
11. Visa: Required for all travelers before arrival
1. Flight arrival in Accra, Ghana (ACC)
2. Airport meet and greet in city of Accra
3. Orientation and walking tour in Accra
4. Volunteer work, Monday-Friday (30 hours/week)
5. Weekends free for Excursions and Cultural Exploration
6. Guidance and 24/7 Support during placement
7. Program Wrap-Up and Certificate from Cosmic Volunteers
8. Airport Transfer for Departure Flight